Sunday, May 31, 2020

3 Flats and Walking

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

16 miles

Ride Description:

All was going well on the Comet out and back for what was supposed to be 40 miles adding to my weekly training volume. At the 15 mile marker the rear tube was mostly flat. I had hoped that I could just add some air and tried to ride back. Halfway to Florence Road I was forced to change tubes. The first two flatted and the last had a short stem that I had to add an extension. That did not work either. I walked back to Florence Road. A guy (Tom) offered to give me a ride back to my car, which surprising to both of us was a 20 minute drive. 

At home trying to figure out what the problem is with the rear wheel, tire or potentially bad tubes. I did not find any issues on the wheel tape or tire, but I did find tiny holes in the tubes. Could be a pinch flat. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 85
Temperature Finish (F): 85
Wind: Breezy
Sky: Sunny


Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: