Sunday, December 21, 2014

Comet Out and Back


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Ride Data

Overall Ride Metrics:

Distance (miles): 40
Avg. Moving Speed (mph): 18.5
Moving Time: 2:11:40
Total Time: 2:12:37
Ride Total TSS and IF: 129.5 / 0.77

Group or Solo:

Solo

Goal:

Endurance Type Ride

Ride Description:

The goal was supposed to be endurance type level, but things kind of picked up toward the end. When I rolled out there was a slight drizzle and the path was mostly barren. My legs were reluctant to warm up and my attitude was cut the miles or time shorter. But it wasn't long before everything warmed up and loosened up a bit. I made it out to the 20 mile marker and saw two guys I typically see at this turn point. I thought on the way back it wouldn't be long before I would see them come around as they usually do pass me on the return.

A few more miles and sure enough the two eased on by, but then kind of just sat at my pace. Both were on Tri bikes and holding just enough that I could not go around them and yet they never pulled away.

At 4 miles out there was an unfortunate sequence at the traffic light where one of the guys was at the back when me and the other guy were rolling to stop for a stop light. The light changed and I hear behind me, "Let's get this over." He came around us and quickly went up in speed. I was able to react fast enough being on a light nimble road bike with a soft sprint up to his wheel. The unfortunate part was his friend was not able to respond as fast and was dropped. For the last several miles he maintained a fairly hot pace. At my turn off I gave him a kudos and a few compliments and a thank you for letting me hang with them for about 15 miles.

That was a little more than I planned to put out for the day, but it was like a shiny bait in the water and I couldn't resist the lure to chase in those last miles. The ride started gray and drizzly, but ended up being lively at the end.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 51 (felt much cooler)
Temperature Finish (F): 51
Wind: 6 mph E (it felt calm)
Sky: Dark gray skies, slight drizzle at the start

Nutrition Intake During and After:

24 oz from Bottle #1 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink
Home |
spaghetti with meat sauce, skim milk

Bike:

LOOK 585,  Garmin 800, Powertap G3, HED Belgium/Conti 4000s @ 95 psi

Overall Power Data (from WKO+):

Entire workout (155 watts):
Duration: 2:11:40 (2:12:37)
Work: 1227 kJ
TSS: 129.5 (intensity factor 0.77)
Norm Power: 165
VI: 1.06
Distance: 40.631 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 568 155 watts
Cadence: 3 254 76 rpm
Speed: 0 26 18.5 mph
Pace 2:18 0:00 3:14 min/mi
Altitude: 873 1133 1010 ft
Crank Torque: 0 1725 175 lb-in

 

No comments: