Sunday, March 20, 2016

Comet Cruise


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Ride Link

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 40
Speed Avg (mph): 18
Cadence Avg (rpm): 73
Time Moving: 2:13:33
Time Total: 2:13:33
Work (kj): 1143
Normal Power: 160
Average Power: 143
Max Power: 594
VI: 1.12
TSS: 141
IF: 0.79

Goal:

Out for a spin...that's all

Ride Description:

I felt a bit ridiculous starting out with a long sleeve base layer, leg warmers, skull cap pulled down over my ears, long finger gloves and a summer kit on top with a light wind shell in my back pocket, but I have to say there was never a moment I felt over dressed on this 55 (F) degree day. The wind was sharp coming down from the northwest with some chill to it. The first 20 miles out was a direct headwind that at times shook me off a straight line. Diane, known to some as "Gap Chick" happen to be on my wheel so I hope it did not disrupt her too much as the wind hit me and the aero frame hard at times. It was nice to chat with Diane, who is a strong cyclist and I've had the privilege to ride with her for short stints over the years when our paths cross. Diane was with me for a few miles before turning back at the 15 mile marker.

Lot's of other crazy stuff out there today though. One guy on a bike not paying attention almost turned into me and there were a lot of little children with very light supervision. Meaning their parents should have been more careful with their kids and not let them drift over into oncoming fast traffic.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 55
Temperature Finish (F): 55
Wind: 13+ mph NW with a cold chill
Sky: Sunny

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1: 24oz Water, BCAA, Glutamine, Maltodextrin
GU gel at mile 20
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Bike:

Felt B10


No comments: