Tuesday, March 8, 2016

XERT - Power Data Analytic Application







Site Links:


My Quick View:

If anyone were to look through my blog it would be clear very quickly that I am a recreational level cyclist that does not compete. I was at one time a successful competitive lifter and bodybuilder and from those years I have many hand written training logs. Just about any lifter that desires to improve strength will keep track of sets, reps, weight, perceived intensity and other factors in order to improve 1 Rep Max. Using an application to monitor and hopefully gauge intensity with cycling training has been my same goal as with lifting. I am now looking into the concepts within the xert application. I'm not an expert in training for cycling by any means so take a look through the links provided above and see what you think. If you happen to train with a power meter give it a try. For the record, I have no personal connection with Baron Biosystems. 

What I am interested is in an application that suits my use of training in cycling and using a power meter as a guide in being potentially progressive with training. Because I would classify myself as a serious recreational cyclist that still holds strength training as a primary, I am not quite as concerned with spending hours and hours diagnosing various charts to see where I can squeeze out that last little bit of progression. It is not as crucial for me as someone that may be competitive or a coach leading an athlete to a successful season. However, I am interested in making my training time on the bike worthy. 

What I like is the simplicity of the application for being time crunched. I already have and Strava Premium account so it was super easy to sync my rides and training data to the xert online application. The screen display is easy to read and not cluttered with all sorts of distracting objects and text or at least to me it is easy for my eyes to pick up what I am most interested in seeing right after the post ride / training upload. A quick look and then move on to the more pressing issues obligations around the house or in life. 

I must admit that I need to continue reading blog post and catching the videos that are available from Baron Biosystems since I am more familiar to terms and concepts using WKO. I will probably continue to use WKO 3.0, but I do like the looks and ease of use of the xert application. There is also a users support group and the developer has been good about answering questions.

My quick view: I like it so far.

No comments: