Saturday, July 4, 2020

July 4th Group Ride


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 3:54:10
Time Moving: 3:47:22
Distance (mile): 57.7
VI: 
1.39
IF: 0.86
TSS: 293
Work (kj): 1,486
Average Power: 106
Max Power: 
564
Normal Power: 147
Cadence (rpm): 68
Speed Avg (mph): 15

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

I rolled out of the brewery with Mike, Neal and Jeff for a 57 mile loop heading toward Calhoun and over to Fairmont and back. The first few miles I was really struggling with fatigue and rapid heart beat. So much so that I thought I was going to have to bail out. A few more miles later and things began to settle down some, but I was dragging the entire ride. The humidity was at 98% and my gear was drenched in sweat. Felt like my clothes weighed a few more pounds just holding moisture. 

Looking at my power data there a lot of spikes as a result of repeated hill climbs. This route was drastically different to what I have been training for a while with the steady state type efforts. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 74
Temperature Finish (F): 80
Wind: ESE 3 mph
Sky: Heavy clouds

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, Aminos, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
GU gel at mile
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:


 LOOK  585 

No comments: